Make Up Exam Service - Faculty Information
Make-up Exam Policies & Procedures (for Faculty)
INTRODUCTION TO THE EXAM PROCTORING PROGRAM
This page describes the policies and procedures of the MSCD Assessment and Testing Center relating to proctoring Make-up Exams. For information on Online Exam Proctoring please follow the link on the left to "Online Exam Service."
The intent of the Make-up Exam service is to help students who occasionally are unable to meet a quiz/test date, generally less than 10% of a class. If more than 15% of students in a class require Make-up Exams, the faculty member must host their own exam. Due to the limited space and personnel, this service is not available for entire classes. All Metro faculty members are welcome to utilize these services.
Faculty instructions for submitting a Make-up Exam:
- Deliver the exam to the Testing Center in an 8 1/2 x 11 envelope with a completed Make-Up Exam Cover Sheet ( 32 KB) attached. Please provide all exam details on the cover sheet. Please provide one cover sheet, one copy of the exam, and one envelope per student.
- All students must contact the Testing Center (303-556-3677) to schedule an exam appointment. The Testing Center will only set appointments for exams on file in our office. All students must present a photo ID at the time of testing.
- The Testing Center will hold the exam for pick-up (an ID is required when collecting exams from our office).
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR MAKE-UP EXAM SERVICE
All exams proctored in the Testing Center must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The length of testing time requested may not exceed the length of the class time block, except during finals week when the time limit is two hours. In no case may exam time two hours in length.
- The Testing Center administers exams according to instructions documented on the Exam Coversheet. Include specific instructions to the student on page one of each exam.
- The Testing Center does not provide envelopes or make copies of exams.
- We require students to write their name on each exam for security.
- Faculty must deliver exams to the Testing Center in TV 347.
- For security reasons, do not send exams through inter-campus mail or fax.
- The Testing Center will not collect or distribute any additional course materials, including homework and take home exam materials.
- Due to logistical and security issues students are not allowed to use (faculty provided) answer keys to check answers on tests or quizzes in the testing center.
- Inform students of all Testing Center policies.
- Children not permitted in testing rooms. Students may not leave children unattended in the Testing Center lobby.
- Once an exam is on file in the Testing Center, it is the student’s responsibility to schedule an appointment. Students without an appointment may not be able to take an exam.
- Students should arrive at their scheduled time in TV 347 with appropriate testing materials and a picture ID. Students without a valid picture ID may not take an exam.
- If cheating occurs, we will collect all materials and the Testing Center Director will notify the faculty member and the Student Judicial Officer.