Online Exam Information for Faculty
INTRODUCTION TO THE EXAM PROCTORING PROGRAM
This page describes the Testing Center's "Online Exam Service" for "Mostly Online" courses. For information on the "Make-up Exam" service please follow the link on the left side of this page.
To see a copy of the Online Cover Sheet, please read this page and then click the "Online Exam Cover Sheet" link at the bottom of the page.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR ONLINE COURSE EXAM SERVICE
This document describes the policies and procedures of the MSCD Assessment and Testing Center relating to proctoring Online Exams for "Mostly Online" courses. The Testing Center is located in the Tivoli Building, Room 347. For additional questions, call 303-556-3677. The Online Course Exam service for "Mostly Online" courses provides a controlled environment for examination proctoring. Only “Mostly Online” courses at Metro may utilize these services. Courses listed as “Online” in the course schedule are not eligible for this service.
- Submit all Online exams with a completed Online Exam Coversheet.
- The Testing Center only allows closed book, closed note, full-length exams (no quizzes). Include any reference material, such as formulas or tables, within the exam.
- When using BlackBoard for exams confirm exam settings, dates, and passwords before submitting the Online Exam Coversheet. The Testing Center does not have access to your course on Web CT and cannot view, alter, change or add any content.
- Deliver only one exam at a time for each course (CRN).
- Faculty teaching multiple sections of the same course should turn in only one coversheet listing each CRN separated by a comma.
- For paper-pencil exams place one exam per student in a single envelope. The top of the 1 st page of each exam must include the following information:
- Instructor's name
- Space for Student's name
- Course name CRN prefix
- Test instructions (i.e. calculator allowed)
- Test number or name (i.e. test 1, test 2, midterm)
All exams proctored in the Testing Center must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The length of testing time requested may not exceed the length of the class time block, except during finals week when the time limit is two hours. In no case may exam time two hours in length.
- The Testing Center administers exams according to instructions documented on the Exam Coversheet. Include specific instructions to the student on page one of each exam.
- The Testing Center does not provide envelopes or make copies of exams.
- We require students to write their name on each exam for security. Faculty must deliver exams to the Testing Center in TV 347.
- For security reasons, do not send exams through inter-campus mail or fax.
- The Testing Center will not collect or distribute any additional course materials, including homework, from students.
- Due to logistical and security issues students are not allowed to use (faculty provided) answer keys to check answers on tests or quizzes in the testing center.
- Inform students of all Testing Center policies.
- Children not permitted in testing rooms. Students may not leave children unattended in the Testing Center lobby.
- Once an exam is on file in the Testing Center, it is the student’s responsibility to schedule an appointment. Students without an appointment may not be able to take an exam.
- Students should arrive at their scheduled time in TV 347 with appropriate testing materials and a picture ID. Students without a valid picture ID may not take an exam.
- If cheating occurs, we will collect all materials and the Testing Center Director will notify the faculty member and the Student Judicial Officer.
Please consider including a Saturday in your test range but please refrain from ending exams on Saturdays. Students in general want to wait until the last day and we have limited hours from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. If your exam expires on a Saturday, please inform your students to register as soon as the exam is available. Once a time slot is full they will have to select a different day and time. Passwords can be the same for all courses, but should be changed for each test or at the very least each semester. This is extra security for your exam. Please be diligent in transcribing the password to us with capitals being CAPITAL and Lower case being lowercase. Multiple passwords for different sections of the same course are problematic as BlackBoard does not display section number and there are up to 20 different passwords that we will need to know at one time.
By selecting following the link below I am agreeing to the policy and procedures of the Assessment and Testing as prescribed above.
Online Exam Cover Sheet ( 37 KB)