METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
Metro State empowers students to create their own success by providing relevant academic experiences through its unique attributes:
- High-quality education that is Colorado’s best value in higher education
- Outstanding, committed faculty with a passion for teaching
- A personalized classroom experience, with more student/faculty interaction
- An urban location in the heart of downtown Denver that expands perspectives and experiences
- A commitment to community collaboration
One of the largest public baccalaureate colleges in the country, Metro State has experienced steady enrollment increases in 10 of the past 11 years. The University has the second-largest undergraduate student population in Colorado and more transfer students enroll at Metro State than any other college or university in the state. At the same time, few students transfer from Metro State to other institutions. In addition, more than 300,000 Coloradans have taken classes at Metro State for career advancement and personal enrichment.
Metro State boasts more than 63,000 alumni, nearly 80 percent of whom stay in Colorado after graduation. These graduates fuel Colorado’s economy as teachers, business owners, pilots, scientists, nurses and more and enter graduate school to study medicine, law and other disciplines requiring advanced degrees.