Instructions for Affiliate Faculty Applicants
Thank you for your interest in Metropolitan State University of Denver.
The Equal Opportunity Office for MSU Denver requires departments to update their position descriptions and replenish their Affiliate/Part-Time Instructor pool every three (3) years. We are coordinating the department pool and position description update with the upgrade of People Admin 7.0 implemented on September 20, 2012. Therefore many departments are in the process of updating their position descriptions and they are not currently posted at this time.
The EO Office has requested that all departments have their updated Affiliate/Adjunct faculty position descriptions updated and posted by November 1, 2012. These will be three year pools and in order to be considered for an Affiliate/Adjunct faculty position all applicants MUST apply through the online system. This requirement also includes those candidates who have been hired by a department in the past.
The Office of Academic Affairs and the Dean’s have requested that ALL APPLICANTS update their vitae/resume and submit it online at www.msudenverjobs.com to the specific position they are applying for. All applicants must apply to EACH department that they are interested in. Affiliate/Adjunct faculty positions will be found under the “Faculty Positions” tab at www.msudenverjobs.com. New applicants to the pool will be required to attach a cover letter, resume/vitae and a list of three professional references. The department can request letters of reference and COPIES of transcripts in the special instructions area of the position description announcement. So please pay attention to the “Special Instructions” in the position description.
Important Note: People Admin 7.0 will only allow the applicant to create an “Application” (with User Name, Password and personal information) if they are applying for a specific position. Therefore we request that you watch for the department’s position description and then apply to the position that you are interested in. Qualified applicants will be placed in the departmental pool and will be considered for Affiliate Faculty departmental needs until the end of Summer Term 2015.. Only those applicants who apply through the online application system at www.msudenverjobs.com will be considered.
Please follow these steps to complete the online process after accessing the MSU Denver Jobs Online Employment System:
- If you have not previously applied online for a posting at MSU Denver, please select “Create Application” from the menu items on the left side of the screen. Select and enter a User Name and Password (Current employees, this is NOT your internal MetroConnect login) , then click the button CONTINUE TO PAGE 1 OF FACULTY/EXECUTIVE FORM>>.
- Establish a question and answer to be used in the event you forget your password.
- Complete all the required information in the application. NOTE: Any item with an asterisk next to it is a required field. You will not be able to complete your applicant if you do not input this information.
- Once you have completed the application process and agreed to the terms and conditions, you are ready to apply for a posting.
- Select “Search Postings” from the left side of the menu and input a position number provided by your department. For example, if applying for an affiliate/part-time instructor position in OCS, the position number is PTOCS1-001. After you have entered a position number, you may select search. If you do not have a valid position number, you can search by department using the drop down menu and selecting search.
- Once the correct position appears, you may select view button located directly under the position title. The information provided is a summary of the position details and the necessary requirements to successfully complete the online process. Please pay close attention to items with an asterisk. Some postings will have special instructions for other documentation to be sent directly to the department.
- The next step is to “APPLY FOR THIS POSTING”. Once you have selected this option, you will attach any necessary documents, such as a resume, cover letter (if required), and list of references (if required). Please be sure to select “Confirm Attaching Documents” and then select “Finish Attaching Documents”.
- Then, answer “Yes” to the question, “Are you sure you want to finish attaching documents for this posting?” You should receive a notice that your application has been submitted and will be provided with a confirmation number. You should write down the confirmation number for future reference.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have completed the online application process.
If you have difficulty with the online process or have technical questions, please contact Paul Hitchcock at 303-556-3022 or email@example.com.