Get it in writing
Please note that we have moved to King Center 415.
Do you want to:
- say what you really mean?
- plan and organize a writing project?
- document source material?
- avoid plagiarism?
- make writing less stressful?
- learn how to proofread your work?
Get help at any stage of a writing project, from finding a topic to organizing the content to producing the final draft.
We work with writers in all areas of study, at all levels, in all stages of their writing processes, and with all types of writing projects. The Writing Center offers students resources for developing as writers and thinkers, sharing their work and ideas, and receiving thoughtful feedback on work in progress in a practical, friendly, collaborative environment. In our humble opinion, all students would benefit from working with a writing advisor.
Here are some of the types of writing we can help you with:
- essays and research papers for any class
- senior capstone projects and portfolios
- Honors theses
- Individualized Degree Program rationales
- scholarship essays
- graduate school application essays
- creative writing, including poetry and fiction
- resumes and cover letters
We offer 40 minute consultations and 10 minute "speed tutoring" sessions. Speed tutoring sessions are designed for students to ask one or two simple questions, such as "how should I cite this source?" For all other situations, we recommend a 40 minute consultation.
Please note that if you are a MSU Denver student needing help with writing for a CCD class (such as ENG 060 or ENG 090), you should go to the CCD Writing Center in South Classroom 142.