MSU Denver is working to resolve the issues with the Banner system that is preventing students from accessing their spring class schedules.
The University suggests that students login to the system before 9 a.m. or in the evening when it is not as busy. If you cannot wait to login until off hours, there are several options for obtaining your schedule:
- The Academic Advising Center, SSB 170, can provide you with a printout of your schedule.
- To modify/register for courses, please go to the Registrarís Office, SSB 160.
- Students with English and/or Math prerequisite requirements issues should go to Academic Advising, SSB 170.
- Students with any prerequisite issues other than English or math should go to their major department. The Registrarís Office is not able to approve prerequisite requirements at this time.
- Students who want to pick up their RTD smart card are advised to postpone getting the card until the Banner issue is resolved. The special distribution that is happening in the Roger Braun Lounge, TIV 201, continues through this Saturday, after which you can obtain your smart card in the Campus ID Center, TIV 269. Also, there is a grace period through Feb. 12, so you will be able to use your University ID with your fall sticker until then to ride light rail or the bus.
- Any administrative office can print out your schedule for you.
MSU Denver brought in the Banner vendor, the Oracle database vendor and two consulting firms earlier this month to help identify and solve the underlying issue that was causing the slowdowns and outages. At their recommendation, the University installed a major database upgrade on Jan. 19 that would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it did not solve the issue, and their research continues.
While every effort is being made to correct this problem, Administrative Computing is unable to estimate a date for its resolution.
Top of Page