On Monday, Aug. 6, the University’s email address will not be the only thing to change.
In addition to the email address change to email@example.com, MetroConnect will become ConnectU, MSU Denver’s new portal. The launch is timed to allow for Summer Semester classes to end. There will be an extended outage from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. for systems affected by the launch on Sunday, Aug. 5, including email, MetroConnect and Banner.
Late registration deadline moved
Due to the ConnectU launch, the late registration deadline for fall semester has been moved from Sunday, Aug. 5 to Tuesday, Aug. 7 at 11:59 p.m.
Important things to know
Here is a list of the things you need to know about the launch:
· Your user name and password for ConnectU will remain the same.
· Faculty will be able to enter summer grades in either portal through Aug. 10.
· Critical services will be available in ConnectU on Aug. 6. These include:
- Email registration information and services
- Financial/tuition information and services
- Employee services
- Faculty grades – (grade entry through either portal through
- Announcements and events
- Access to Blackboard
- Banner services
· Several functions are not part of the initial launch but will be operational by Sept. 30. These are:
- My Courses content – faculty will be able access content
- Information channels
· Links to ConnectU will replace the MetroConnect link on the University home page.
· Desktop shortcuts need to be updated to https://connectu.msudenver.edu/ on or after Aug. 6.
If there is an immediate need for a portal service, channel or group required to conduct official business of the University, please call the Help Desk at 303-352-7548 or create a Help Desk ticket.
Faculty were notified on July 23 via email that course content currently in MetroConnect will not be migrated. Faculty will need to migrate content to ConnectU using the same process they have used as a part of the course creation each semester.
For additional information about migrating My Courses content to ConnectU, please contact the Help Desk.
If you are interested in migrating course content for online, hybrid or any other type of class to Blackboard, the University Learning Management System, please contact the Educational Technology Center.
Another new name
The portal isn’t the only service changing its name as we make the transition to university. As you may have noticed already, @Metro is now @MSU Denver in keeping with our official shortened name. Our suite of publications is now:
· This Week @MSU Denver
· Today @MSU Denver
· Special Edition @MSU Denver
· Events @MSU Denver
T-shirts and hats
The Auraria Bookstore currently has one style of T-shirt and three types of hats with the new MSU Denver branding. Plus, if you’re feeling nostalgic, there is a Retro Metro section of items with Metro State, and all merchandise that has the old M Bird is 25 percent off.
Top of Page