Staff members have until Friday, Jan. 25, to sign up for the committee that will plan and produce the 2013 Staff Professional Development (SPD) Conference.
The RSVP deadline was originally Jan. 18 but was extended a week while the University community settles in after winter break.
President Stephen Jordan has made professional development a major element of his agenda. The SPD Conference aims to energize and inspire MSU Denver classified and exempt employees; provide intellectual stimulation; promote networking and connecting with others; and increase knowledge of MSU Denver.
The following are examples of conference-planning tasks:
- conference date and facility identification
- keynote speaker and conference theme identification
- break-out sessions presenters, topics and logistics
- communications, program brochures, website development and program assessment
- registration process formulation, food and hospitality.
“Efforts come in many forms, degrees and levels and no contribution is too small,” Cesare says.
If you’re interested in helping to plan the event, email Cesare at email@example.com.
Once the group is identified, an initial meeting date and time will be scheduled, he says.
Watch @MSU Denver for information about the conference as it becomes available.
Top of Page