Process of Joining
To join, you must do the following:
- Enroll at MSCD at least part time
- Join the Aviation Department and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete Private Pilot ground course (AES 1100 or equivelant at your flight club)
- Apply to the Flight Team and be accepted by its members
- Sign up for the Precision Flight course and/or lab
- Abide by the NIFA Rules and Aviation Department by-laws
Your first 3 semesters will earn you 6 credit hours. The
break-down is like this:
- AES2330 - first semester
- AES3330 - second semester
- AES3340 - third semester
After that, you sign-up for the lab, (no additional credit awarded).
You must, at the very least, have taken (and completed) AES1100 or some kind of ground, so that you are prepared for (at least)
the ground events.
Read the by-laws
(on this web-site), so that you understand the conditions of being a member.
Go to the NIFA web site, and read up on the rules and how competition is conducted.
Read this web-site and become familiar with flight team at Metro, then if you have any other questions, e-mail one of the team
leaders listed on the Contact Us page.