SAFECON REGION I HOSTED BY METRO STATE FLIGHT TEAM
- October 12-16th 2010
- Practice available starting October 11th and 12th
- Mandatory Contestant Briefing October 12th 16:00 in the Mt. Evans, Terminal, KBJC
The event will be at Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport (KBJC) and Metropolitan State College of Denver.
The hotel is the
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster.
The contract for the hotel includes two double beds, one pull-out coach, microwave and refrigerator, free breakfast, and free WI-FI. $79.00 per night.
Reservations must be made by October 5th 2010 by calling (888) 287-9400 and mentioning SAFECON. Or members may use this link to reserve rooms online:
SAFECON Hotel Planner.
$85 per attendee and $15 for extra dinner tickets. Mail registration fee to Audrey Scully PO BOX 173362 CB 30 Denver, CO 80217.
Please include the name for each person that is registering. Each attendee will received a dinner ticket with registration. Payment
must be received to Audrey Scully no later than Sunday October 10th, 2010.
Click Here for Event Information
Items to Bring
- Lawn chairs if you would like to have a place to sit next to the runway to watch the landings.
- Chocks for EVERY wheel and a tie-down for EVERY wing and tail
Notes from the Tower
- These procedures must be followed even during landing practices.
- The lead aircraft in a Flight of aircraft must receive clearance for every landing, touch-n-go, low approach etc...
- The lead aircraft has the responsibility to make radio calls and receive clearances.
- When the heat is ready to taxi to the runway, the lead aircraft will contact Metro Ground: “Metro Ground NIFA Heat ONE and Flight of four is ready to taxi with information Bravo.”
- ATC will respond with, “NIFA Heat ONE and Flight, runway 29L taxi via Alfa Six, Alfa, Echo, cross runway 29R.”
- The Heat will complete the run-up holding short of 29L/11R on taxiway Echo or Juliet. The lead aircraft must ensure that he has positioned his lead aircraft in a way that will allow the entire flight to fit in the run-up area. After completing the run-up and the lead aircraft receives a thumbs-up from the flight, the lead aircraft will contact ground. “Metro Ground NIFA Heat ONE and Flight run-up complete.”
- When the lead aircraft is advised to contact tower, “Metro Tower NIFA Heat ONE and Flight is ready for takeoff.”
- Before each landing the lead aircraft will request clearance for the entire Flight.
- On the third landing, the Flight will exit to the north (all aircraft in the heat use the same taxi way as your lead aircraft) on the same taxiway and hold short of runway 29R/11L. After clearance is received the Flight must cross the parallel runway together.
- If you are in a heat and you need to speak to ATC, use your call sign in reference to your position. “NIFA Heat TWO position THREE, request full stop
Audrey Scully- Adjunct Faculty
PHONE: (303) 523-1840
Zach Pegg – Adjunct Faculty
Steven Bugg- Captain